Thursday, July 3, 2014

GAGOP Welcome Thousands of New Americans


ATLANTA, GA (PR) - Georgia Republican Party First Vice-Chairman Michael McNeely and 2nd Vice-Chairman Ron Johnson welcomed thousands of new U.S. citizens at a Citizenship Ceremony yesterday in Atlanta.


"We welcome those who have successfully completed the legal process for becoming U.S. citizens and who now have the opportunity to live the American Dream," said McNeely.

Over 1,000 individuals (from 81 countries) gathered at Turner Field to take the Oath of Citizenship.

Laura Cathy Williams, who participated in the ceremony, said, "I am so happy and proud to become an American citizen today. My heart now has two countries I love.  Thanks to all my friends and family who came to share this moment with me.  The American Dream is alive and well and I am grateful to have the opportunity to call the United States my home."  

Laura Cathy's husband, Greg Williams, said, "It's symbolic that the legal way, the right way, the honorable way to achieve the American Dream is celebrated the same week of our nation's birthday.  I was excited to see so many new Americans waving the flag and chanting 'USA, USA, USA.'  It was truly an unforgettable moment."


No comments:

Post a Comment