Friday, March 21, 2014

Dr. Azziz Not Pursuing University of Texas System

AUGUSTA, GA (Press Release) – “While I am appreciative to the University of Texas System for their consideration in the search for an inaugural president of the University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, I have decided not to pursue the opportunity further. It is an honor to be identified with such an esteemed group of leaders and I am confident that the System will select an individual who will create a university that Texans will be proud to call their own.

I am committed to the success of Georgia Regents University and Georgia Regents Health System and will continue to work with state leaders and our university community to cement our place as the nation’s next great American university. I would like to thank the faculty, staff, students, alumni and community members who are working to propel our university forward as we ‘Aspire to Greatness.’”

No comments:

Post a Comment